HELLO FAM!! I’m screaming because I’m so excited!!!
Let me tell you how excited I am to write this– every single colour I have tried from this range is so beautiful and wearable, I have already worn them out a few times! While I have sampled quite a few contacts of every colour, not all of them are as wearable for everyday looks as this one! I think this entire range will definitely be one of the hot favourites for sure.
P.S. If you haven’t read my previous review on the OLENS Scandi range, I would highly recommend checking that out first HERE. I have also reviewed their Russian Velvet series and the BlackPink series, so if you’re due a major shopping haul soon– happy reading! I hope my comparisons will help you decide 😎
If you stick all the way till the end of the post, you may see something that will help ease the burden on your wallet the next time you buy 😉
|Product||Russian Smoky Gray / Brown / Olive|
|Description||Added 0.6mm of graphic size more to the Russian Velvet! The deep edge line gives you a new extreme natural enlarging effect. Russian Velvet upgraded to natural blended shades contact lenses, Russian Smoky!|
|Duration||1 Day (10 pieces)|
|Total Diameter||14.2 mm|
|Base Curve||8.7 mm|
What I love about this new line is that it is a little similar to the OLENS Scandi range, with natural blended shades and a soft edge line so it blends in to your natural eye colour very well with no harsh or unnatural edges.
In my opinion the colours are even more beautiful than the Russian Velvet range as there is an extra dimension of depth and patterning! ✨
Not to mention the material is Puscon too, with a higher water content of 48%. They are super comfortable and while you definitely shouldn’t wear them for hours and hours, I experienced no discomfort while wearing it for the entire day to work as well. Definitely an upgrade!!
- Comfort for hours with PUSCON instead of Silicone hydrogel, doesn’t dry out my eyes even after a full day’s wear under air-conditioning. I’ve shopped at other brands like TTDEYE or Pinky Paradise, and Olens is by far the most comfortable.
- Natural-looking even on dark asian eyes
- Reasonable price for the quality
- Fast shipping worldwide (DHL express). Honestly the fastest shipping I’ve ever experienced. My parcel arrived in just under 3 days after the dispatch notice 🤩
- Good customer service and quick responses.
- Regular promotions, making it more affordable. I usually stock up when they have bundle deals or discounted prices, and purchase more then so it lasts me quite a while before my next purchase.
- Very handy search and recommendation options on the site. I usually prefer searching by bestsellers to see if there are any new designs or deals I have missed out on, but there is a handy #FindMyOlens tab that lets you compare numerous styles with customer images. Which brings us to the next point-
- Lots of customer reviews and real-life photos to check before purchasing, so low risk of the style looking totally unlike what the promotional pictures show. I can’t stress this enough!! This is what I always look out for when I buy a new style, especially if I’m going to be buying several pairs.
Russian Smoky Olive
This green covers my dark brown eyes perfectly and I would say it is a more ‘true green’ than the OLens Scandi Olive. I have always raved about the Scandi Olive, but I find myself becoming a little swayed by this colour!
The Russian Smoky Olive lenses have a subtle iris patterning with green and brown that you can really see if you come up close.
This is a true, soft green that you can see in many people with natural green eyes and OLens has truly outdone themselves this time!!
The colour mimics the subtle hazel shifts near the centre in natural green eyes and the green is not unnaturally bright. Super natural and flattering!
The patterns and colour differences help the contacts blend in with your natural eyes a bit more.
Due to the larger graphic diameter, it covers more of your natural eye colour than the Scandi Olive, so you don’t get the ‘limbal ring’ effect where the outer ring is slightly darker.
To avoid any unnatural ‘boundary’ between the contacts and your natural eye colour, there is a soft grey edge line over the darker olive colour.
This helps to accentuate the lighter colour a little more without it looking unnatural on dark eyes.
I think the Scandi Olive is the more natural option, but the Russian Smoky Olive is finally the perfect true soft green lens I can reach for without it looking too bright or unnatural.
Even before I wrote this post, I showed it to my friends and two of them bought this colour immediately (LOL). This shade will definitely become one of my most reached-for lenses for sure!
Russian Smoky Brown
I think this Russian Smoky Brown solved a lot of the problems I had with many brown contact lenses. A lot of brown contact lenses have mixed in yellow, orange, or reddish shades, and when added on top of my natural brown eyes, sometimes look a bit orange under certain lighting.
I’m sure it would look nice on perhaps blue or green eyes, but when added to brown eyes, you can see this effect under bright light.
This Russian Smoky Brown colour is more ashy-brown, with none of the orange or red iris patterns other contacts usually add in. I fell in love with this shade instantly! Usually, I tend to go for olive or grey shades, but this brown is just so beautiful.
The Russian Smoky Brown is a light brown shade that entirely covers dark brown eyes. The realistic iris pattern lines in the lens design helps it blend in very naturally with my dark eyes.
Unlike the Scandi series, there is no limbal ring effect from your natural eye colour underneath the lenses due to the wider diameter on the Russian Smoky lenses, just like the Russian Velvet range.
Unlike the Scandi Olive vs Russian Smoky Olive, I would say this Russian Smoky Brown actually looks even more natural than Scandi Hazel for my eyes.
Scandi Hazel tends to look a little yellowy-orange, especially under bright lighting, and the ashy tones in Russian Smoky Brown help tone down the orange shades while keeping it looking light.
If you want a natural colour that still looks different from your usual dark brown eyes, I would recommend this shade for people who want to have natural-looking and bright eyes. It is very suitable for romantic, girly looks without coming off as too different or unnatural!
This brown shows up perfectly in pictures without looking dark or black like normal dark brown eyes. I think it will be very popular for Japanese-inspired looks!
Russian Smoky Gray
I don’t quite know how to describe this unique shade of grey- it is quite unlike any of the greys I have purchased from OLens previously! It has the soft tones and colouring of the Scandi Light Gray lenses, with a very soft and natural edge.
I prefer this over the Scandi Light Gray as the graphic diameter is a lot bigger, with a soft edge blending to make it super natural.
The issue I had previously with the Scandi Light Gray was that it contrasted quite a bit with my natural eye colour, so even the slightest shift in the lens would reveal my natural colour.
This isn’t an issue with Scandi Olive or Scandi Gray for example, as their darker colour meant the edging blended very nicely with my natural eye colour to give a soft limbal ring effect, but the contrast is quite obvious with the Scandi Light Gray.
Look at the difference! It looks so soft and natural, but the lightness of the grey really gives you that ~exotic~ look lol. This is definitely a shade that stands out! But I think this is a whole lot more natural than the Russian Velvet Gray or Blue, or the Scandi Light Gray– most people with blue eyes have them look blue/ grey under different lighting conditions, instead of a vivid blue like the Russian Velvet Blue.
These are the offers that you can get if you sign up as an OLENS Global member!!
1. Buy 1 get 1 free on all monthly contacts! If you have found a shade you love and wear regularly, I recommend getting this deal.
2. For new member sign ups, you get a coupon with up to 15% off! You will also be entered into their rewards program, which nets you 1 point for every dollar spent, and you can earn more points by leaving text or photo reviews!
3. One offer that you should definitely not miss is their Welcome Kits (limited to 2, though I wish you could buy more 😍).
The Welcome Kits come with 20 lenses of a colour/range of your choice AND 3 pairs of 1 day sample lenses, which are given randomly! I love how it lets you to try out other popular colours and lenses– and who doesn’t love free gifts?
4. Free standard shipping for purchases over $100 USD, or free express shipping for purchases over $150 (delivery in 3 days!)!
I hope this review helps to break down the shades available in the Russian Smoky range 🤗 I would honestly BUY THEM ALL!! They are all magnificent in their own way for different looks and needs.
Overall, I think OLens have really outdone themselves with this range and all the shades really mimic how these eye colours would look like naturally. I thought the previous lenses were amazing, but the colouring on this range is *chef’s kiss*
These shades have bumped up to my favourites list immediately, alongside my trusty Scandi Olive and Scandi Grey. If you are someone who prefers natural, everyday lenses, I highly recommend checking this range out!
And if you have made it all the way to the end- thank you! Check out my Instagram HERE for 10% off OLENS 😉✨