Hello guys! I’m back with another OLENS review! Olens Global reached out to me again with the opportunity to try out some of their other lenses, so I actually have not just one but two!! reviews for y’all! (check out my other post HERE)!
If you haven’t read my previous review on the OLENS Scandi range, I would highly recommend checking that out first HERE. This time, I’m here to review their other popular range, the Russian Velvet series.
I generally tend to go for dailies as I am quite careless and lazy with making sure the lenses are clean and not dried out in the casing, but I rotate between dailies and a few tried-and-tested monthlies that I love as well!
|Product||Russian Velvet Gray / Brown / Blue / Green|
|Description||Everyday contact lenses, this range features exotic and stylish colours that still look very natural|
|Duration||1 Month (2 pieces)|
|Total Diameter||14.0 mm|
|Base Curve||8.6 mm|
These contacts are monthly contacts and go for $24 USD. It’s buy 1-free 1 on all monthlies, making these a really good deal if you wear them regularly!
In my opinion, the Russian Velvet series is versatile enough to be used for casual looks and also for cosplay– as the colours are extremely true and solid (entirely hides dark eyes), you can wear these for specific eye colours that are needed without it looking too stark, artificial, or unnatural.
During my anime-obsessed phase I purchased many colour contacts that were simply too unnatural and blended badly or completely did not cover my natural eye colour, and the material and low water content would scratch my eyes and leave them dry and red.
Thank goodness for technology and improvements lol. *war flashbacks* Glad I found OLens now so I don’t have to suffer any more 😂
- Comfort for hours, doesn’t dry out my eyes even after a full day’s wear under air-conditioning. I’ve shopped at other brands like TTDEYE or Pinky Paradise, and Olens is by far the most comfortable.
- Natural-looking even on dark asian eyes
- Reasonable price for the quality
- Fast shipping worldwide (DHL express). Honestly the fastest shipping I’ve ever experienced. My parcel arrived in just under 3 days after the dispatch notice 🤩
- Good customer service and quick responses.
- Regular promotions, making it more affordable. I usually stock up when they have bundle deals or discounted prices, and purchase more then so it lasts me quite a while before my next purchase.
- Very handy search and recommendation options on the site. I usually prefer searching by bestsellers to see if there are any new designs or deals I have missed out on, but there is a handy #FindMyOlens tab that lets you compare numerous styles with customer images. Which brings us to the next point-
- Lots of customer reviews and real-life photos to check before purchasing, so low risk of the style looking totally unlike what the promotional pictures show. I can’t stress this enough!! This is what I always look out for when I buy a new style, especially if I’m going to be buying several pairs.
Russian Velvet Green
This green covers my dark brown eyes perfectly and I would say it is a more ‘true green’ than the OLens Scandi Olive.
The Russian Velvet Green lenses have a gorgeous multi-dimensional effect with green, yellow, and red that you can really see if you come up close. I’d say from afar/ in pictures, it looks a bit more hazel, but you can really see the beautiful details and flecks in bright light or sunlight.
I like that it isn’t just all one solid colour, and the patterns and colour differences help the contacts blend in with your natural eyes a bit more.
I think it’s definitely a really unique shade worth trying and one that will garner lots of attention and compliments from your friends!
Russian Velvet Brown
The Russian Brown is a light brown shade that entirely covers dark brown eyes. The realistic iris pattern lines in the lens design helps it blend in very naturally with my dark eyes. Unlike the Scandi series, there is no limbal ring effect from your natural eye colour underneath the lenses due to the wider diameter on the Russian Velvet lenses. It depends on your preference.
If you want a natural colour that still looks different from your usual dark brown eyes, I would recommend this shade especially for photos. It gives a very subtle brown look that shows up perfectly in pictures without looking dark or black like normal dark brown eyes.
Russian Velvet Blue
Although the blue shade is just gorgeous, I rarely reach for this for everyday wear as it is such a dramatic look! The blue has a tiny bit of yellow at the centre to help the colour blend in with your natural dark eyes, which I really appreciate. It helps to make the contacts look more natural.
From a distance, your eyes look blue/ turquoise due to the subtle blending, and will be absolutely stunning in an artsy IG shot! This striking colour will be perfect if you want to stand out.
Russian Velvet Gray
I adore the grey shade, and alternate between Russian Gray and Scandi Light Gray for certain looks.
I’d say this is more similar to Scandi Light Gray because of its cool, greyish blue tone vs the Scandi Gray, which looks more greyish-green on me and is more of a darker, muted grey.
Again, if I were to go for a more natural look with blue eyes, I would go for the Russian Gray instead of the Blue.
Most people with blue eyes have them look blue/ grey under different lighting conditions, instead of a vivid blue like the Russian Blue. I feel the blue is more suited for photos, and intense eye makeup looks with lighter hair!
These are the offers that you can get if you sign up as an OLENS Global member!!
1. Buy 1 get 1 free on all monthly contacts! If you have found a shade you love and wear regularly, I recommend getting this deal.
2. For new member sign ups, you get a coupon with up to 15% off! You will also be entered into their rewards program, which nets you 1 point for every dollar spent, and you can earn more points by leaving text or photo reviews!
3. One offer that you should definitely not miss is their Welcome Kits (limited to 2, though I wish you could buy more 😍).
The Welcome Kits come with 20 lenses of a colour/range of your choice AND 3 pairs of 1 day sample lenses, which are given randomly! I love how it lets you to try out other popular colours and lenses– and who doesn’t love free gifts?
4. Free standard shipping for purchases over $100 USD, or free express shipping for purchases over $150 (delivery in 3 days!)!
I hope this review helps to break down the shades available in the Russian Velvet range and help you pick out the best shade for your needs 🤗
Out of the ranges available with OLens, the Scandi range still remains my favourite, but I occasionally turn to the Russian Velvet range for more artsy photo shots when I need a solid eye colour to show off dramatic eye makeup looks. What are the shades you love best in this line and why?