Hi guys! Have you missed my reviews? OLENS has recently collaborated with BlackPink again with another amazing campaign alongside the BlackPink 5th anniversary. Let me tell you, the visuals for this are so BEAUTIFUL. The campaign features the various Olens lenses the BlackPink members have chosen, hence the campaign name ‘COLORFUL MOMENTS’.
Before we delve into the visuals, as usual, I’m going to kick off the blog post with the main selling points about Olens and why you should buy Olens over other coloured contact lenses!
I’m a paying customer for Olens too, because I love their lenses so much. I always stock up on my favourite Scandi Olive (read my review HERE on the full Scandi series) during the sale and sometimes they do really good 1+1 deals!!
- Comfort for hours, doesn’t dry out my eyes even after a full day’s wear under air-conditioning. I’ve shopped at other brands like TTDEYE or Pinky Paradise, and Olens is by far the most comfortable.
- Natural-looking even on dark asian eyes
- Reasonable price for the quality
- Fast shipping worldwide (DHL express). Honestly the fastest shipping I’ve ever experienced. My parcel arrived in just under 3 days after the dispatch notice 🤩
- Good customer service and quick responses.
- Regular promotions, making it more affordable. I usually stock up when they have bundle deals or discounted prices, and purchase more then so it lasts me quite a while before my next purchase.
- Very handy search and recommendation options on the site. I usually prefer searching by bestsellers to see if there are any new designs or deals I have missed out on, but there is a handy #FindMyOlens tab that lets you compare numerous styles with customer images. Which brings us to the next point-
- Lots of customer reviews and real-life photos to check before purchasing, so low risk of the style looking totally unlike what the promotional pictures show. I can’t stress this enough!! This is what I always look out for when I buy a new style, especially if I’m going to be buying several pairs.
|Scandi Olive / Gray
|An upgraded version of the Spanish line, these are the contacts you see on Blackpink and they feature in their MVs!!
|1Day (10/20 pieces) / 1 Month (2 pieces)
I reviewed the Scandi range previously and this line is so comfortable and pretty, it has many of my favourites in there. Scandi Olive and Gray are my top picks for everyday lenses.
The Scandi series is slightly smaller in graphic diameter (11.9mm) than most of the other lenses. As compared to the other lenses in this review that are 13.0~13.3mm, these will show off a bit of your natural eye colour at the sides.
This works very well in my opinion because the subtle shading and soft border of the lenses helps it blend very naturally and gives it a subtle limbal ring/ circle lens effect without the harsh black border of the traditional circle lens.
The realistic iris pattern lines in the lens design also helps soften darker eyes and the overall effect is very natural.
Of course, when comparing my natural eye colour to the lenses side by side under a bright light, it looks quite different and starkly contrasting, but when you have them on they look very natural. It’s kinda like your natural eye colour, but there’s just something different about it!
This contacts is BlackPink Jennie’s pick! This shade is super chic and stylish, and would definitely make you stand out without overwhelming your whole makeup look. Under room lighting, the shade even looks greenish-hazel.
I know you’re bored of me saying this constantly, but the Scandi Olive is my eternal favourite and I get compliments on it all the time– people have asked if it is my natural eye colour a few times! It’s not too in your face, like my eyes but better (MEBB? lol).
If you’re afraid of it being too obvious, don’t worry. Indoors, it looks almost brown/hazel– from my experience, you can only tell it is green under bright sunlight.
I wouldn’t say this shade is very green, but like a more natural version of the Scandi Hazel that tends to look quite orange. If you are looking for a contact lens that is more obviously green, try the Russian Smoky Olive (view my review HERE). I love both!
This contacts is BlackPink Rosé’s pick and balances out her feminine + badass energy without overwhelming the entire makeup look. If you are someone who prefers a natural look, I would opt for this shade. It blends in very well with naturally dark brown eyes without it being too ‘in your face’.
|Spanish Circle Gray
|Spanish Circle has a retro edge that will make your eye colour look vibrant, yet natural.
|1 Day (10/20 pieces) / 1 Month (2 pieces)
I really liked the enlarging effect of this lenses that is still subtle enough to look natural. The realistic iris patterns on it let it blend into my normal dark eyes without it looking too fake, and the large limbal ring effect isn’t too harsh or overwhelming.
This lens reminds me a little bit of the Secriss 3con Natural Gray, which you can view my review for it HERE. These grays have a larger graphic diameter compared to the Scandi range, so it’s something to take note of if you prefer a larger/ smaller graphic range.
Personally, I think this would look AMAZING on people with large/ round eyes like Lisa’s. I have longer/ skinnier eyes, so I tend to go for contacts with a smaller graphic diameter so it does not overwhelm my eyes/ fill up all the white spaces.
This is my personal preference of course, and this contacts would be ideal if you are going for a more dolly/ Japanese/ Korean style makeup look.
This contacts is BlackPink Lisa’s pick. It suits a classy, dolly look very well and colour really makes it look so stylish. I think the Natural Gray would work more for everyday looks, and this for big occasions without being too dramatic.
|Vivi Ring Brown
|Its flawless and subtle graphic diameter and creamy colour will bring a positive radiance and give off fairy vibes in your eyes.
|1 Day (10/20 pieces) / 1 Month (2 pieces)
BOY OH BOY OH BOY I AM IN LOVE!!!
Do you know which side is my real eye colour?
It is so subtle and pretty, I love it so much- it is pretty much identical to my eye colour, but I have lighter eyes tbh. For very dark eyes, I feel like this would be the perfect ‘my eyes but better’ shade if you don’t want anyone to know you are wearing coloured contacts!
If you want a bit of a change but aren’t that daring with blue or purple or crazy colours, this is the shade for you. The soft edge helps smoothen out and give your eyes a very fairy-like vibe, and it’s so so lovely for everyday looks.
This brown doesn’t look ‘orange’ which is my gripe with many brown contact lenses, and looks very natural in photos as well.
However, if your eyes are naturally blue/ green/ gray, you might want to opt for the Vivi Ring Choco instead.
With naturally dark brown eyes, they look practically identical, but Choco has more warm/ orangey-pink tones that will help neutralise blue tones for a natural brown colour.
This contact lenses is BlackPink Jisoo’s pick. This contacts has a very romantic, soft feel to it and looks natural too! I would recommend it for daily wear for office/ school settings.
These are the offers that you can get if you sign up as an OLENS Global member!!
1. Buy 1 get 1 free on all monthly contacts! If you have found a shade you love and wear regularly, I recommend getting this deal.
2. For new member sign ups, you get a coupon with up to 15% off! You will also be entered into their rewards program, which nets you 1 point for every dollar spent, and you can earn more points by leaving text or photo reviews!
3. One offer that you should definitely not miss is their Welcome Kits (limited to 2, though I wish you could buy more 😍).
The Welcome Kits come with 20 lenses of a colour/range of your choice AND 3 pairs of 1 day sample lenses, which are given randomly! I love how it lets you to try out other popular colours and lenses– and who doesn’t love free gifts?
4. Free standard shipping for purchases over $100 USD, or free express shipping for purchases over $150 (delivery in 3 days!)!
I hope this review helps to break down the shades available in the BlackPink collaboration and help you pick out the best shade for your needs 🤗
What are the shades you love best in this collaboration and why?